Facebook

Friday, October 15, 2010

The Final Message


From: Megan Kent
To: Brenda Kent
Subject: The final message


Brenda,

I understand you don't want to talk to me, or see me, or even hear anything about me ever again. You probably won't read this email, but I am sending it anyway, in case, five years from now, you decided to skim the many unread messages in your inbox from me. I sent you many emails before, but I think this one sums all that I want you to know.

I never meant to hurt you. I know I did, but I never intended to. I know how much you needed this "scholarship" or whatever you call it. I know you have been planning your entire life to go to college and I ruined it in a blink of an eye. I know you won't believe me, but I had no idea those "college people" were coming over our house the other day. I was surprised to see a stranger dressed in black at our kitchen. That's why I hit him on the head with Mom's new kitchen utilities. I'm so so so sorry, Brenda, but I thought he was a robber!! You may think I watch too many crime movies. Yes, I do and I am willing to stop watching them forever if you give me another chance.

Look, Brenda. Mom told me the guy is fine and is checking out of the hospital the next week. Please, don't sweat it. I am sure there are plenty of other colleges who are willing to accept someone as special as you. If they don't (which WON'T happen), it's their loss.

Finally, I want you to know that people make mistakes because they are human and they should be given another chance. Please, forgive me, Bren.

From your baby sister who is so sorry and loves more than you can possibly imagine,
Meg

PS- Don't read the message I sent you before this one. It doesn't make sense.
PSS- The reason why the subject of this email is "the final message" is because I won't bother you anymore with my messages. I am leaving after two hours to California with Kelly and her family and I won't be back till the end of the month.
PSSS- I LOVE YOU!! I really do!

Brenda finished reading the email and felt her heart break as she remembered her dear little sister. She hadn't seen her in two weeks. She hadn't spoken to her in a month. She had been treating her so bad since the mentioned incident.

"I forgive you, Meg," she whispered, "I love you, too!"

Brenda then hit the reply button and started typing.

1 comment: