Facebook

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Strength

"Stay strong"

That is a phrase said to us at hard times...
but what does that mean?

Despite the fact that it is impossible to obtain one definition for the word "strong",
but it just means:

determined. powerful.

"Stay strong" means:

Don't freak out in spite of the hard time you're going through.

It takes a patient person to have strength.


Quotes

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. 
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Above all challenge yourself. You may well surprise yourself at what strengths you have, what you can accomplish.
-Cecile Springer 

Good actions give strength to ourselves and inspire good actions in others.

-Plato 

No army can withstand the strength of an idea whose time has come. 
-Victor Hugo 

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. 
-Friedrich Nietzsche

What this power is, I cannot say.
All I know is that it exists
and it becomes available only when you are in that state of mind
in which you know exactly what you want
and are fully determined not to quit until you get it.

-Alexander Graham Bell

I could do nothing without problems,
they toughen my mind.
In fact I tell my assistants
not to bring me their successes for they weaken me;
but rather to bring me their problems,
for they strengthen me.

-Charles F Kettering

1 comment: